Utility Rates – Modelling and Budget Presentations
By Tim Duhamel
Having the ability to calculate utility rates accurately is an important consideration for municipalities. This webinar will cover advanced theory related to utility rate modeling, providing the viewer with the knowledge required to build an accurate utility rate model for a municipality.
- Utility Theory – Water, refuse, natural gas, etc. Why are certain services considered a utility?
- Utilities and Economics – What is the role of utilities in a capitalist economy?
- Utility Rate Methodology – Supports the explanation of utility revenue requirements and rate increases to council and the public.
- Utility Regulation – Why are utilities regulated?
- Utility Infrastructure Impact on Rates – Capital infrastructure has a direct impact on the delivery of utility services and the end cost to the consumer.
- Rate Modeling – Learn the fundamentals of developing a utility rate model.
PD Credits: 1.5
Updated: February 15, 2023
Having the ability to calculate utility rates accurately is an important consideration for municipalities. Learn the fundamentals of the development of utility rates and how to utilize the utility rate methodology.Read More/Less
Learn the basic concept of a utility and the criteria used to determine a service is a utility
Learn about the business model associated with utilities
Learn the fundamentals of the development of utility rates and how to utilize the utility rate methodology