Presenting Budgets to Council and the Public
By Tim Duhamel
Effective communication is an important consideration in the municipal budgeting process. Learn proven strategies for presenting budgets successfully to both council and the public.
- Relationship of the business of land development and municipalities
- Overview of statutory plans
- Roles and responsibility in land use planning
- Municipal Development Plan (MDP)
- Area Structure Plan (ASP)
- Linkage of long term tax strategy, capital budget/planning and operating budget
- Land Use Bylaw
- Offsite levies defined – offsite vs. onsite infrastructure
- Math behind development charges explained
- Development risks
- Offsite levy bylaw
- Communication with the public
October 19, 2022
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM MST
PD Credits: 1.5
Date: Oct 19, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM MST
About the Author
Tim Duhamel is the founder and President of Bloom Centre of
He is a municipal veteran whose career has spanned over 21 years.
His passion is creating educational material and conducting lectures for municipal professionals. He has lectured as far away as Kiev, Ukraine for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
Effective communication is an important consideration in the municipal budgeting process.