Municipal assets provide value to residents 24/7. This beautiful off-leash trail system in the heart of the City of Edmonton is a perfect example of that. I’ve been walking on this trail for years in the Mill Creek ravine and took my son for a walk there on the weekend.
- The trail is an amazing asset contributing to health and wellness.
- It is it an off-leash dog trail providing recreation opportunity.
- On the trail you see bridge infrastructure that connects the East side with Whyte Avenue allowing for thousands of cars to commute to work and to the University of Alberta.
- On the trail it has a winding, flowing stream which is a storm-water management system capturing water from Edmonton subdivisions (my dog cooled of in that stream many times).
- The stream water is diverted to storm-water infrastructure that is moving the water to the North Saskatchewan River.
This trail provides great value from a recreation, wellness, and storm-water management perspective, and is a must walk trail if you have never walked it.