Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework
By Tim Duhamel
Understand ICF’s and the financial implications for your municipality!
- ICF process – beginning to end
- Develop a process to gather the required information
- Develop an inventory of shared services
- Methods for understanding shared costs
- How to engage the public for ICF’s
- Dispute resolution – process and rules
- Mutual benefit (regional outlook)
- Finance implications
- Intermunicipal operating agreements
- Shared capital costs for regional projects
- Communicating the framework
PD Credits: 1.5
Updated: Apr 24, 2019
About the Author
Tim Duhamel is the founder and President of Bloom Centre of
He is a municipal veteran whose career has spanned over 21 years.
His passion is creating educational material and conducting lectures for municipal professionals. He has lectured as far away as Kiev, Ukraine for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
This webinar provides an overview of the legislation and a foundational understanding of ICF’s and how they affect municipalities to better understand the nature of municipal cooperation.
Also covered: mutual benefit (regional outlook), finance implications, intermunicipal operating agreements (fire, recreation, FCSS, economic development, etc.), and shared capital costs for regional projects (cost models, analysis, negotiation).
Understanding the ICF process – beginning to end
How to develop a process to gather the necessary information required
How to develop an inventory of shared services
Methods for understanding shared costs for services and capital projects
Shared capital costs for regional projects (cost models, analysis, negotiation)
How to engage the public for ICF’s
Dispute resolution – process and rules
Intermunicipal operating agreements (fire, recreation, FCSS, economic development, etc.)
How to communicate the framework with administration, Council and the public