Ethics Essentials in the Municipal Sector
By Tim Duhamel
A 2-part ethics webinar series that provides a comprehensive review and understanding of ethics in the municipal world.
- Ethics and Leadership – Great leadership and ethical behavior are closely intertwined.
- Ethics and Organizational Culture – High performing municipalities commit to positive organizational culture. Ethics as a discipline, is proven to be a key characteristic of municipalities that have great culture and a history of achievement.
- Ethics in the Political Realm – Municipalities are often challenged with political turmoil and challenges. Ethics plays a key role in successfully navigating through political challenges and avoiding public engagement mistakes.
- Ethics and Policy – Recognizing the importance of ethics and the positive impact it has on policy is essential knowledge for any municipal administrative professional. Good governance requires an ethical approach to policy development when considering the impact policy may have on our citizens.
- Municipal Ethical Dilemmas – Municipal government is highly complex and dynamic which results in numerous ethical dilemmas and issues.
Course Info – On Demand
Special Reduced Price:$150.00
PD Credits: 4
Updated: November 28, 2023
Date:November 29, 2023
PD Credits: 4
October 9 & 10, 2019
Updated: Oct 9, 2019
Updated: Oct 10, 2019
October 28 & 29, 2020
Updated: Oct 28, 2020
Updated: Oct 29, 2020
About the Author
Tim Duhamel is the founder and President of Bloom Centre of
He is a municipal veteran whose career has spanned over 21 years.
His passion is creating educational material and conducting lectures for municipal professionals. He has lectured as far away as Kiev, Ukraine for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
Learn about ethics and leadership, ethics and organizational culture, ethics in the political realm, ethics and policy, municipal ethical dilemmas, and much more!
Learn how ethical behaviors can improve the effectiveness of leaders and foster the inspiration and motivation of staff.
Learn how ethics enables a healthy organizational culture and improve employee satisfaction.
Learn how to assess the political environment and utilize ethics to ensure positive outcomes.
Learn how ethics can make a positive difference when developing policy in the municipal sector.
Learn about case studies of real-life ethical dilemmas to improve political acumen and ability to navigate complex political issues.
Gain must have knowledge to make a difference as a leader or pursue career advancement.