Developing a Long Term Financial Plan
By Tim Duhamel
Learn the benefits, components and methodology of a long-term financial plan for financial sustainability!
- Long Term Financial Planning
- Financial forecasting and strategy
- Financial plan objectives and principles – a comprehensive view of why we need a long-term financial plan
- Strategy, service delivery, and budgeting
- Long term financial plan policy – key policies required to guide decision-making, examples will be provided
- Provides the essential knowledge required by today’s municipal financial officer to play a key role in a municipality’s success
PD Credits: 1.5
Updated: Apr 8, 2020
About the Author
Tim Duhamel is the founder and President of Bloom Centre of
He is a municipal veteran whose career has spanned over 21 years.
His passion is creating educational material and conducting lectures for municipal professionals. He has lectured as far away as Kiev, Ukraine for the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
Municipalities face unprecedented challenges in the delivery of essential services – having a long-term view and a plan for financial sustainability is critical for the success of any municipality.
Learn how a long-term financial plan combines financial forecasting and strategy. Learn about financial plan objectives and principles, and what key philosophical principles support financial sustainability. Also covered: strategy, service delivery, budgeting, and long term financial plan policy and key policies required.
Learn how a long-term financial plan combines financial forecasting and strategy
Learn how strategies and actions are developed to overcome future financial challenges
Learn the objectives of a long-term financial plan and what principles should be followed to ensure success
Why we need a long-term financial plan, and what key philosophical principles support financial sustainability
How a long-term financial plan supports the goals of the strategic plan, enables service delivery, and guides budget decision-making
Key policies that are required to guide decision-making, and how they are developed in the context of a long-term financial plan
Learn professional development essentials to play a key role in a municipality’s success